giveway

a story of library school, life in my mind, and any other birds that catch my eye

hoot hoot

I've decided to get crazy and update. At the moment I'm sitting in my office in the library, staring out the window taking bets on how soon it will rain. I have found amazing ways to waste time during my internship hours (yes, even so far as to blog) and then to create wonderful fancy documents that impress my supervisor. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to waste their time here -- but I have realized that things take forever to get done in a library and if I were actually to work at a pace I feel comfortable (without wasting time) the librarians get overwhelmed.

In other news, I began applying for jobs. Most so far are the the northeast from PA to MA. I'm looking at one in Chicago at Columbia College -- which I am highly underqualified for on paper, but I'm sure I could do it. Only time will tell though... I'm just hoping to get an interview out of one of these.

My schedule has been busy but things have been going well. I even manage to find the time to watch an unusually large amount of SU basketball. Thanks to Sean I can ocassionally be spotted sporting an oversize "Go 'Cuse" shirt and getting riled up about a last second 3-point shot or a brutal defeat. How strange.

I just made a call about my student loan which, unbenounced to me, is $25,000. Hopefully I'll get a decent job so I can pay it off someday. That's the majority of my news for now. I have Monday off from teaching for President's Day -- which is great. I may be heading to Juliana's house in Canton, NY for a party and to prove to her parents that I actually exist. I have been, until now, only a name and a face in the occasional picture or two. I feel a duty to prove my existence to them.

Ok, back to work for a bit -- while I'm talking about jobs, I think I'll rewrite my resume which I have somehow lost and now only have in PDF and plaintext formats. yeeee.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:36 PM

Welcome back again, your mom should be checking in soon too now that she has her CPU back.

Uncle Bob    



» Post a Comment